Your First Visit to The Caring Cupboard
We understand that making the choice to visit us may be difficult, especially if you aren't sure what to expect. Here, you can get information on how to prepare for your first visit to the Caring Cupboard.
- Before arriving to the Caring Cupboard, please bring your photo ID as well as photo IDs for other adults living in your home.
- Bring along a current bill that has your current address on it.
- Bring along any information you feel might be helpful in understanding your financial situation. We will only consider income.
- Once you arrive at the Caring Cupboard, you will be greeted by one of our helpful volunteers. They will spend a few minutes talking with you and explain the Caring Cupboard's process. This should take no more than 15 minutes.
- Once you are registered, you may access food. Each family is given a card based on the size of family you have living in your home. The card will explain to you what you're able to get, foods that include meats, breads, fresh fruits, vegetables, milk, and eggs as well as non-perishable food items. You are able to select items that your family likes -- it's like shopping at a grocery store! At the end of your shopping trip, volunteers will help you to pack up your items. You will be able to come to the Caring Cupboard up to one time per week.
The Caring Cupboard is open the following times to receive food:
Monday: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. & 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.